Brown Thai Inspired Fried Rice
This brown fried rice is a great side dish for stir fries and Asian inspired dishes. I love to make my fried rice Thai style which uses fish sauce, but if you don’t have that you could leave it out and increase the soy sauce. This is a perfect compliment to Asian Turkey Meatballs. Double the recipe for more people.
Brown Fried Rice
- 1 cup uncooked short grain brown rice
- cooking spray
- 1 large egg, 1 egg white, scrambled
- 4 large scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to mato, chopped
- 2 tsp soy sauce, or more to taste
- 1 tsp fish sauce, optional
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- When rice is cooked, spray a heated nonstick wok with spray oil and add the eggs and cook a minute or two until done. Set aside.
- Spray more oil to the wok and add the scallions, tomatoes and garlic. Saute about a minute, then add the rice.
- Add soy sauce and fish sauce, stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Keep stirring a few minutes, then add cooked scrambled egg. Adjust soy sauce if needed to taste and mix well another 30 seconds.