These Asian inspired meatballs are out of this world! Made with ground turkey, ginger, scallions, cilantro and sesame oil with a tangy sesame-lime dipping sauce.
Asian Turkey Meatballs With Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce
You can make these for dinner over zucchini noodles. You can also serve them as an appetizer by halving their size and setting on toothpicks for the dipping sauce. A few of my other favorite meatball recipes are Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, Sweet ‘N Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Bacon and BBQ Sauce, and Eggplant “Meatballs”.
I first posted these meatballs back in 2010 and the quickly became a fan favorite! Often I served them with brown rice or Asian “fried” brown rice, but lately I’ve been on a zoodle (zucchini noodle) kick and made them for dinner this week served over these zucchini noodles for a low-carb meal and they were fantastic!
To make the zucchini noodles, you’ll need a spiralizer (I love my Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer) or a mandolin fitted with a julienne blade. You can see my Italian Zoodles and Meatball recipe here for more detailed instructions if you wish to make this as a side, the only difference was here I used sesame oil to cook the zucchini.
More Meatball Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Asian Turkey Meatballs with Gochujang Glaze
- Harissa Chicken Meatballs
- Swedish Meatballs
- Italian Beef and Spinach Meatballs
- Chicken Marsala Meatballs
Asian Turkey Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh scallion
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, panko, egg, salt, scallions, garlic, ginger, cilantro, 1 tbsp of the soy sauce and 2 tsp sesame oil.
- Gently mix with your hands until combined well.
- Shape meatballs 1/4 cup in size and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through and browned, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce: mix the lime juice, water, soy sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a bowl.
- Add the scallions and set aside.
- Transfer the meatballs to a serving dish.
- Stir the sauce, then drizzle the meatballs with a little of the sauce.
- Serve the meatballs with the remaining sauce on the side.