Although I love these Turkey Stuffed Peppers, you can stuff peppers with just about anything! This recipe is a great use of leftovers, or nextovers taking one dish and turning it into two!
Leftovers are great for lunch the next day, or you can freeze them for another night.
Chicken Taco Chili Stuffed Peppers
- 2 cups crock pot chicken taco chili
- 2 bell peppers any color
- 6 tablespoons shredded cheddar
- cilantro or scallions for garnish
- avocado or reduced-fat sour cream optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, removing seeds and stem.
- Place peppers, cut side up in an oven-proof dish.
- Fill each pepper with 1/2 cup chili mixture, top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of cheese.
- Pour about 1/4 cup water or chicken broth on the bottom of the dish. Cover tight with foil.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until the peppers become soft.
- Top with cilantro or scallions and serve with sour cream or avocado if desired (optional).