This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
My husband makes the best chorizo and eggs. His trick is adding a little vinegar to the chorizo. It adds a nice zing to the eggs. I lightened his recipe using egg whites and serving it on a low point tortilla. You could also add minced onions and red peppers to the eggs if you wish, but I tried to stick to his original recipe. This is delicious served with hot sauce.
Chorizo is a Spanish pork sausage seasoned with paprika, which gives it it’s distinct taste. If you can’t find chorizo, Portuguese Linguica sausage is similar in taste. A little goes a long way for flavor.
Chorizo and Egg White Breakfast Burrito
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 breakfast burrito
- 2 oz chorizo, skin removed, sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 high fiber low carb whole wheat wraps, I used La Tortilla Factory
- In a small bowl combine egg whites, egg, salt and pepper and whisk well.
- In a medium saute pan, heat on medium heat.
- Add chorizo and cook about 1 minute on each side until slightly browned.
- Add vinegar and cook another minute to reduce.
- Add eggs to the pan and scramble until cooked, stirring often.
- Serve on a low carb high fiber tortilla such as La Tortilla Factory.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 breakfast burrito, Calories: 242.8 kcal, Carbohydrates: 11.3 g, Protein: 21.4 g, Fat: 15.4 g, Fiber: 7 g