My husband makes the best chorizo and eggs. His trick is adding a little vinegar to the chorizo. It adds a nice zing to the eggs. I lightened his recipe using egg whites and serving it on a low point tortilla. You could also add minced onions and red peppers to the eggs if you wish, but I tried to stick to his original recipe. This is delicious served with hot sauce.
Chorizo is a Spanish pork sausage seasoned with paprika, which gives it it’s distinct taste. If you can’t find chorizo, Portuguese Linguica sausage is similar in taste. A little goes a long way for flavor.
Chorizo and Egg White Breakfast Burrito
- In a small bowl combine egg whites, egg, salt and pepper and whisk well.
- In a medium saute pan, heat on medium heat.
- Add chorizo and cook about 1 minute on each side until slightly browned.
- Add vinegar and cook another minute to reduce.
- Add eggs to the pan and scramble until cooked, stirring often.
- Serve on a low carb high fiber tortilla such as La Tortilla Factory.