Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili is an easy slow cooker dump recipe using freezer and pantry staples! This has been one of my most popular recipes since 2008!
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Chicken Taco Chili is one of my favorite chili recipes! It’s so good served in a bowl with multi-grain chips, topped with reduced fat cheddar cheese or avocados. This makes a lot and it is even better the next day for lunch. If you prefer the pressure cooker, you may enjoy my Instant Pot Chicken Taco Chili version instead. A great freezer-friendly meal!
The reason this recipe has been so popular on my website for all these years, it’s easy prep, just dump it all in the slow cooker and come home to the most delicious meal the whole family will love! It also freezes well and the kids love it! Plus it makes a lot, so eat some for dinner tonight and freeze the rest for another night!
How To Freeze
Allow chili to come to room temperature and store in an airtight container or individual containers for up to 4 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
How To Use Leftover Chicken Taco Chili
Turn your leftovers into next-overs with these easy Chicken Taco Chili Stuffed Peppers!
And since so many are asking, although I have and love my Instant Pot, I still love my slow cooker! I have the 6 Quart Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker (affil link). I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it’s done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This slow cooker is so great, I actually own several!
Video For Chicken Taco Chili
More Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
- Slow Cooker Harrisa Chicken
- Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken
- Crock Pot Maple Dijon Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 15.5 oz can black beans, drained
- 15.5 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 cans diced tomatoes w/chilies, 10 ounces each
- 4 oz can chopped green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning or homemade, see below
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 oz 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
To make your own taco seasoning, omit the packet, cumin and chili powder above and use below instead:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well.
- Nestle the chicken in to completely cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Top with fresh cilantro and your favorite toppings!