Leftover picadillo and brown rice makes a super easy second meal, all in the CrockPot. Stuffed peppers topped with melted cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese and you’ll have a delicious dinner without much fuss -a complete meal-in-one.
Crock-Pot Picadillo Stuffed Peppers
We use leftover picadillo many ways in my home. Stuffed peppers are a great way to use leftovers and nothing goes to waste here – the tops of the peppers get diced and are added to the filling. And it’s combine with brown rice and cheese, super simple!
When buying bell peppers for the slow cooker, I look for peppers that have flat bottoms that can stand upright on their own.
You can double the recipe to make 6, which would fit perfectly in a 6 qt slow cooker.
More Stuffed Pepper Recipes:
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Santa Fe Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken and White Bean Stuffed Peppers
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
Crock Pot Picadillo Stuffed Peppers
- 3 red bell peppers, with flat bottoms
- 1 cup left-over cooked brown rice
- 2 cups leftover crock pot picadillo
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut 1/2 inch of the tops of the bell peppers and dice fine.
- In a medium bowl combine cooked brown rice, picadillo and diced pepper tops. Stuff the peppers with the picadillo and rice filling and place upright in the crock pot.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the crock pot, cover and and cook 3 hours on HIGH -or- 4 to 6 hours on LOW.
- Just before serving, top each pepper with 2 tbsp shredded cheese, cover and leave until it melts, 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place peppers in an oven-proof dish, pour about 1/3 cup water in the bottom of the dish, cover and bake 50 minutes, or until the peppers become soft.
- Remove foil, top each cheese and bake uncovered 5 minutes.