These easy, healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are made in the oven, perfect for football!
Hot and spicy cauliflower bites, battered and baked and smothered with hot sauce. Serve this with skinny blue cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side for a hot and spicy meatless appetizer. If you want a buffalo chicken appetizer, try this buffalo chicken dip, it’s my favorite!
I tested it out on some of the cauliflower-averse people in my home, and they gave it a thumbs up.
One thing to note, if you are watching your sodium, you’ll have to look for a lower sodium hot sauce, or use half of the sauce. Frank’s is my favorite for buffalo sauce, but it’s not low in sodium. If anyone knows of a lower sodium buffalo sauce, kindly share!
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 22 oz 6 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a large non-stick baking sheet with oil.
- Combine the water, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place on the baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine the hot sauce and butter in a small bowl.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with skinny blue cheese dressing if desired and celery sticks.