These easy, healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are made in the oven, perfect for football!
Hot and spicy cauliflower bites, battered and baked and smothered with hot sauce. Serve this with skinny blue cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side for a hot and spicy meatless appetizer. If you want a buffalo chicken appetizer, try this buffalo chicken dip, it’s my favorite!
I tested it out on some of the cauliflower-averse people in my home, and they gave it a thumbs up.
One thing to note, if you are watching your sodium, you’ll have to look for a lower sodium hot sauce, or use half of the sauce. Frank’s is my favorite for buffalo sauce, but it’s not low in sodium. If anyone knows of a lower sodium buffalo sauce, kindly share!
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 22 oz 6 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a large non-stick baking sheet with oil.
- Combine the water, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place on the baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine the hot sauce and butter in a small bowl.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with skinny blue cheese dressing if desired and celery sticks.
327 comments on “Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites”
Circus wing sauce has 85 mg
Do you have an air fryer recipe for this?
This recipe should be called: How to get your family to eat an entire cauliflower in one sitting. 😉 Yummy recipe, easily adjustable to make spicier or less spicy depending on how much sauce you use. I didn’t add quite so much water for a thicker batter because I cooked them in my airfryer. Turned out great!
These are delicious and so easy to prepare! I used my air fryer on the French fry setting (12 minutes at 400 degrees) and then baked another 5 minutes with the sauce. Will definitely make again!
Was very disappointed in this recipe as I thought the cauliflower would have some crunch to it. The flavor was good though
Delish! My hubby made for football game watching, perfect appetizer. We’ve tried other recipes but this is by far the best one. Will make again for sure.
These were delish!!! Kourtney Cogdill recommended air fryer… awesome…was great!!! Did not have Franks but used Siracha….will cut back a bit as quite spicy but we enjoyed! Thank you!!!!
made this today, since I had everything on hand. Also rolled some chicken in the same sauce… my husband said he thought the cauliflower was better than the chicken. I will make this again!
I love this recipe! I’m making this for a super bowl part how many does this recipe serve?