Chicken marinaded with lemon, garlic and oregano, then grilled to perfection and served over a colorful spinach salad. Topped with a white balsamic vinaigrette, does it get better than that?
More grilled chicken salads I love are Houston’s Grilled Chicken Salad tossed in a honey-lime vinaigrette and topped with a delicious peanut sauce, Grilled Romaine Corn and Chicken Salad with a salsa dressing and Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Spinach.
This is my favorite marinade for grilled chicken, the longer it marinates the better. You can even freeze the chicken in the marinade when you first buy it. Then you just let it thaw in the refrigerator the day before you are ready to use it.
Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 3 oz each
- 7 oz bag baby spinach
- few thin slices of red onion
- 1/2 sweet red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons
For the Marinade:
For the White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the marinade ingredients - lemon juice, oregano, garlic puree, salt and black pepper and pour over chicken, let it marinade in the refrigerator a minimum of two hours, but preferably 4-6 hours or longer.
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high, make sure your grates are clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- When the grill is hot, lay the chicken on the grill.
- Cook the chicken until well browned on both sides and firm, but not hard to the touch.
- Transfer to a plate when done.
- Divide spinach, onions, carrots, tomatoes and peppers on 4 plates.
- Top with the chicken and drizzle with balsamic dressing over each.