Grilled Romaine Salad with Chicken, Corn and Salsa Dressing, an EASY 15-minute main dish salad you’ll want to make all summer long!
Grilled Romaine Salad with Chicken
When the weather is warm, all I want is salad! You can see all my salad recipes here from side salads to main dish salads. This Grilled Romaine Salad with Chicken is delicious and substantial as a main dish.
Lettuces do nicely on the grill, softening slightly at their centers and charring beautifully at their tips. Years ago, I recall the first time I tried a grilled Romaine salad out in Monterey, California when it first became popular. It’s pretty common now days, I see many recipes online and even in some restaurants. For this salad, fresh heads of romaine lettuce are split down the middle and grilled until slightly charred and smoky, along with fresh corn and skinless chicken thighs. Finally, it’s topped with tomatoes, onions, avocado and a simple salsa vinaigrette.
Easy Salsa Vinaigrette
The dressing couldn’t be any easier, made with just 3 ingredients. Take some leftover jarred salsa and whisk in a little olive oil and lime juice!
More Main Dish Salad Recipes
- Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad
- Salmon Avocado Salad
- Thai Shrimp Salad
- Antipasto Salad Platter
- Houston’s Grilled Chicken Salad
Grilled Romaine, Corn and Chicken Salad with Salsa Dressing
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup jarred mild salsa
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lime
For the chicken:
- Combine the salsa, olive oil and lime juice; set aside.
- Season the chicken.
- Light the grill to medium heat. Remove any tired outer leaves from the romaine, then halve each head vertically. Place on a large platter and spray cut sides with olive oil spray. Lightly spray corn with olive oil.
- Place chicken and corn on the grill and cook, until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side, until the chicken is cooked through and the corn is tender. Remove and place on a cutting board.
- Grill romaine close to the heat source over high, cut side down about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove.
- Slice the chicken into strips, cut the kernels off the corn and serve over Romaine with avocado, tomatoes, onions, salt and dressing on top.