If you like the tangy taste of yogurt you’ll love this low-fat homemade frozen treat made with a combination of Greek yogurt and plain yogurt and real vanilla bean.
It’s National Ice Cream Month and to celebrate I’ve been playing with my new ice cream maker. This frozen yogurt is so easy to make. This is best served soft and topped with fresh fruit. Serve it right out of the ice cream maker or let it thaw a few minutes before serving.
Low Fat Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt, I used Dannon All-Natural
- 2 1/2 cups plain fat free Greek yogurt, I used Chobani
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- fresh fruit to top, extra points use kiwi, blueberries, strawberries
- Combine sugar and the seeds from the vanilla bean in the blender and blend until fine.
- Whisk both yogurts, sugar and honey in a bowl until combined.
- Pour into an ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.