Sweet and tart pink lemonade cupcakes – these cupcakes just scream summer!
A few months back I had a request to do a make-over for pink lemonade cupcakes. The original recipe was totally decadent loaded with butter and buttercream icing and I wasn’t sure how I would pull it off. I played around with this one several ways, and this is what I came up with. I chose to keep them naked and simple since they are sweet enough as is. If you like tart and sweet, these cupcakes are for you!
Pink Lemonade Confetti Cupcakes
- 18.25 oz box confetti cake mix, I used Duncan Hines
- 2 1/2 tsp powdered sugar-free pink lemonade mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- lemon zest from half of a lemon
- 2 drops pink food coloring, optional
- confetti sprinkles, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tins with 24 paper liners.
- Stir together the water and pink lemonade powder. Combine the cake mix, pink lemonade mixture, applesauce, lemon zest, food coloring and oil in a large bowl and with an electric mixer, mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pans.
- Add sprinkles if using and bake in the oven for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire racks before serving.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.