The beautiful, delicious, fall or winter salad is made with mixed baby greens, pomegranate, Gorgonzola and pecans with a pomegranate vinaigrette.
Salad with Pomegranates and Pecans
I love adding pomegranates to my salads, they are juicy with a slight pop when you bite into them! I usually bring this salad to potlucks or parties because it’s so colorful and easy to whip up, and I always get compliments! A simple yet elegant fall or winter salad, perfect to serve as a first course for the holidays, or a simple side dish or lunch.
This was one of the first recipes I posted back in 2008 (wow that’s over 10 years ago!) when I started blogging and didn’t even have a good camera. It’s so hard to find those older recipes now because I have been rephotographing them as the years passed, with better photos and instructions. I always change the date to bring the post to the top so you can all see them, as I have thousands of recipes here now!
Want to make this for lunch? You can make the dressing ahead, it will stay fine refrigerated in an air tight container for 2 weeks. Simple halve the salad ingredients and separate in 4 meal prep containers. If you wish you can add grilled chicken or fish on the side for more protein.
- Blue cheese or goat cheese can be used in place of gorgonzola
- You can swap the pecans for candied pecans to really take this salad over the top!
Are pomegranate seeds healthy?
Pomegranates are rich in vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. The majority of that fiber is found in the white seeds hiding beneath the pockets of juice.
More Salad Recipes You Will Love
- Kale Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes + Dried Cherries
- Chicken Kale Salad with Peanut Vinaigrette
- Harvest Kale Salad with Roasted Winter Squash
- Massaged Raw Kale Salad
- Breakfast BLT Salad
Mixed Baby Greens with Pomegranate, Gorgonzola and Pecans
- 5 cups Mixed Baby Greens
- 5 cups bunch Baby Arugula
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, from 1 POM Wonderful Fresh pomegranate
- 2 oz pecans, chopped (about 28 halves)
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (4 oz)
- For the vinaigrette, combine pomegranate juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a small glass jar and shake vigorously.
- Toss mixed greens in a salad bowl and top with pecans, gorgonzola and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette right before serving.