Figs and Prosciutto, savory and sweet they’re a match made in heaven! Add some fresh mozzarella, peppery arugula and balsamic dressing and this salad will make you swoon with every bite.
It’s the start of fig season, and California Figs sent me a ton of figs to play around with. I’ve been eating them as is, adding them to my overnight oats, but one of my favorite ways I’ve enjoyed them is in this delicious salad which also happens to be quite beautiful.
I still have lots of figs to use up before they go bad, what’s your favorite way to eat figs?
Prosciutto, Mozzarella and Fig Salad with Arugula
For the dressing:
For the Salad:
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 4 ripe figs, quartered
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced and torn into pieces
- 2 oz thin sliced proscuitto, torn into pieces
- 8 to 10 small fresh basil leaves
- Combine the oil, balsamic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk.
- Place the arugula on a large platter, top with proscuitto, cheese, basil and figs and drizzle with dressing.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.