Pumpkin Pecan Banana Bread is moist and flavorful, made healthier by replacing most of the butter with lots of bananas, pumpkin puree and apple sauce.
Pumpkin Pecan Banana Bread
Madison, my youngest daughter LOVES banana bread, so I bake it quite often just for her. I was curious how she would feel if I added pumpkin and pumpkin spice to her favorite banana bread – well she loved it!! I used gluten-free flour as a test because I already know all-purpose and white whole wheat flours work and the results were great (she had not idea). You can see more pumpkin recipes here.
Quick breads freeze great for a make ahead breakfast. Let the bread cool before slicing it and then transfer to ziplock bags. You can freeze them up to 3 months. To eat, let it thaw in your bag or pop it in the microwave for a few seconds.
How To Make Pumpkin Pecan Banana Bread
More Banana Bread Recipes:
Pumpkin Banana Pecan Bread
- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, not packed
- 4 large egg whites
- 1-1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-1/4 cup 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 8x5 inch loaf pans with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, pumpkin, bananas, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and pecans, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
173 comments on “Pumpkin Pecan Banana Bread”
I’d like to add whey isolate protein powder to this recipe to increase the protein macro. How could I go about doing that?