Banana Nut Bread
This healthier banana nut bread is insanely moist, made with less butter, oil and sugar used in traditional bread!
Banana nut bread is one of my favorite quick breads and trust me, this recipe will not disappoint! Make sure your bananas are extra ripe for best results.
How To Make Banana Nut Bread
More Banana Bread Recipes:
Low Fat Banana Nut Bread
- 7 ripe medium bananas, 22 oz, 2 2/3 cup, mashed chunky with fork
- 1/2 cup 4 oz unsweetened apple sauce
- 2-1/2 cups 13.5 ounces unbleached all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, 2 oz, softened
- 1 cup 6 1/2 oz light brown sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8x5 inch loaf pans with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined, add another 1/3 of the flour and blend at low speed, add remaining 1/3 of flour mixture and the bananas and blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 50 to 52 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.