Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Valentine’s Day is here before you know it, so if chocolate is something you crave, why not make it healthier with these petite loaves made with love… by you!
Whole wheat mini banana bread made with ripe bananas and chocolate chips are sure to leave a smile on anyone’s face.
These make 8 large muffins in comparison to using a normal sized muffin tin which gives you 12-13. If you don’t have these Petite Loaf Pans you can use one large 8 x 5-inch loaf instead, cooking time will be closer to 50-60 minutes or use a regular sized muffin tin, baking them for about 25 minutes.
More Banana Bread Recipes
- Banana Bread (classic!)
- Banana Nut Bread
- Roasted Strawberry Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Muffin in a Mug
Petite Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Loaves
- 3 ripe medium bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 oz mini chocolate chips
- Smart Balance baking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a non-stick loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mash bananas in a bowl, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce, vanilla; beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture, then blend at low speed until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into muffin pan; bake on the center rack for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.