Made with cashews, pistachios, dates, pumpkin and spices, these no-bake Pumpkin Pistachio Energy Balls literally taste like little bites of pumpkin pie
Pumpkin Pistachio Energy Balls
Don’t you just love pumpkin season? These no-bake Pumpkin Pistachio Energy Balls literally taste like little bites of pumpkin pie. One of my dietitian friends recently made these for me, and they’re super moist with just the right amount of pumpkin and spice.
I store my energy balls in the freezer (I like them super cold), but you can also keep them in the fridge. And for a chocolate dessert version, these Chocolate Fudge Snow Balls are delish and great for the holidays. I also love these Chocolate Date Balls. If you’re looking for another pumpkin breakfast, try this Pumpkin Smoothie.
What is an energy ball?
Energy balls are packed with nutrient-rich and immune-boosting foods! Pumpkin is full of beta carotene, as well as fiber and minerals. Pistachios and cashews are full of good fats, and cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants. And for sweetness, I used Medjool dates in place of sugar.
Hello, I’m Heather K. Jones! I’m a dietitian and a wellness guide, and I work with Gina on the Skinnytaste cookbooks.
I work with women who struggle with emotional eating, overeating or food or body image issues of any sort, and have a ton of FREE resources, articles and videos to help you Love Yourself Healthy RIGHT HERE, including this powerful 30-day Master the Weight Loss Mindset Challenge. Also, I’m offering FREE emotional eating support and guidance twice a month (the first and third Wednesday of each month) inside my Feel Better Eat Better Facebook group right here. So, if you could use some extra love and support, please join me!
Remember, your body is an amazing, self-healing machine! Every minute of every day it’s working to keep you healthy and alive, and one of the best ways to support your body and boost your immunity is to fuel it with nutrient-rich foods, like these seriously delicious energy balls.
More Snacks You Might Enjoy
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Mango Raspberry Fruit Roll Up
- Everything Parmesan Chips
- Cranberry Pecan Oat Bars
- Parmesan Kale Chips
Pumpkin Pistachio Energy Balls
- ½ cup raw pistachios
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 10 pitted Medjool dates
- ¼ cup canned or homemade pumpkin purée
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place ¼ cup pistachios in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Process until nuts resemble coarse sand. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add cashews and remaining ¼ cup pistachios to the food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the dates, pumpkin purée, spices and vanilla extract and continue to process until ingredients are combined and smooth. At this point, you may adjust spices, if desired.
- Using a spoon (or your hands), scoop and roll mixture into 9 equal (golf-ball-size) balls.
- Roll each ball in the reserved pistachios and serve immediately or store in the freezer or the fridge.