This Pumpkin smoothie made with Greek yogurt, canned pumpkin puree and pumpkin spices is the perfect quick and easy fall breakfast!
This time of the year, I use a lot of canned pumpkin (or I even make my own pumpkin puree) and always have extra, so I decided to add some to my smoothie and loved it! It tastes just like pumpkin pie and is an simple way to add nutrients to your morning smoothie. I also love adding leftover puree to my Pumpkin Oatmeal Shake, Pumpkin Spiced Latte, or Pumpkin Overnight Oats.
Pumpkin Smoothie Ingredients:
Let’s talk about what you’ll need to make this easy pumpkin pie smoothie.
- Pumpkin: Use canned or homemade pumpkin puree.
- Milk: Add your milk of choice, like fat-free dairy milk, almond milk, oat milk, etc.
- Yogurt: Greek or plain yogurt will work, but Greek will give you more protein. You could even try it with vanilla yogurt and omit the sugar.
- Vanilla extract gives it extra flavor.
- Spices: Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon make this pumpkin smoothie taste like fall.
- Sweetener: I use brown sugar or maple syrup, but if you prefer to leave out the sugar, substitute it with stevia or monk fruit.
- Ice: Use a half cup of crushed ice for blending.
- Optional: This healthy smoothie recipe has over 10 grams of protein, but if you want more, add a scoop of vanilla protein.
Is canned pumpkin healthy?
Typically, fresh foods have a higher nutrient content than cooked or canned foods. But the good news is that both fresh pumpkin and canned pumpkin are packed with nutrients, such as vitamin A, potassium, and iron.
Can you freeze pumpkin puree for smoothies?
Pumpkin puree lasts in the fridge for about a week, but you can definitely freeze it so the leftovers don’t go to waste. Put it in an ice cube tray or muffin tin, and throw the cubes into a reusable container or zip-locked bag once frozen. It’ll last in the freezer for a few months, and then you’ll have pre-portioned pumpkin on hand to make this smoothie again and again. Just throw a half-cup worth of frozen cubes into the blender and blend!
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Green Apple Lemon Cucumber Ginger Smoothie
- Banana Date Smoothie
- Blueberry Kale Smoothie
- PB Banana and Cacao Green Smoothie
- Roasted Strawberry Protein Smoothie
Your comments are helpful!! If you’ve tried this healthy Pumpkin Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 6 oz nonfat Greek or plain yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, or more to taste
- 2 tsp packed brown sugar, or maple syrup to taste
- add a scoop of vanilla protein, optional
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide in two cups.
- Serve with a straw.