For the pumpkin obsessed, a low fat, low calorie skinny pumpkin spice latte you can make yourself. October is my birthday month and one of my favorite treats this time of year is Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spiced Latte. What a great way to start your morning!
More pumpkin obsessed breakfast drinks you may enjoy are my Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Shake, Pumpkin Smoothie paired perfectly with a slice of Pumpkin Banana Bread Toast. I also have a delicious Eggnog Latte for those who can’t wait until the holidays!
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 1/2 cups fat free milk
- 2 tbsp pumpkin butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp sugar or sugar substitute, to taste
- 1/4 cup of espresso, or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee works
- fat free whipped topping
- pumpkin pie spice for topping
- In a small pan combine milk, pumpkin butter and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until boiling.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth (or whisk well with a wire whisk)
- Pour into two mugs, add the hot espresso and top with fat free whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice on top.