I love making these Everything Parmesan Crisps as a low-carb snack, to add to Caesar salad in place of croutons, with soup, or a great addition to any charcuterie board as an appetizer.
They are so easy to make, the trick is using fresh grated parmesan cheese, pre-grated won’t always work. And since I’m obsessed with Everything Bagel Seasoning, like these Everything Flatbreads and these Air Fryer Eggs they are the perfect snack!
Since Parmesan cheese has enough sodium on it’s own, using pre-made Everything Seasoning would make them too salty, so I made my own (it’s so easy!). I really think you’ll love them as much as we do!
How to Make Parmesan Crisps
Parmesan Crisps are easy to make. Shred the cheese with a box grater. Place a silpat or piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Then, add heaping tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese to the baking sheet, spreading them out slightly so they are a little lacey. Make sure there is enough space between each one so they don’t melt together into one big clump. To season, partially bake, then add the seasoning so they stick the the cheese without burning, then put them back in the oven a few more minutes. This recipe makes 4 crisps, double or triple to make more for sharing.
What To Eat With Parmesan Crisps
- Add them to your salads
- Serve them with marinara sauce
- Top them with tomatoes or proscuitto in place of a cracker
- Add them to your Charcuterie Board
- Add them to soups, they go great with my crock pot tomato soup
- or just eat them plain, as a snack!
How To Store Parmesan Crisps
Although they are great fresh out of the oven, you can also prepare them ahead of time. Store them in an airtight container with wax paper between each cheese crisp for up to a week.
Everything Parmesan Crisps
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan not pre-grated using the large holes of a box grater
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon minced dried onion flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon minced dried garlic flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of grated cheese onto a silicone lined baking sheet (highly recommended for this) and lightly pat down with your fingers to make about 4 inches round.
- Repeat 3 more times with remaining cheese, leaving 1/2-inch space in between each circle.
- Bake 3 minutes, until almost done.
- Combine the sesame seeds, onion, garlic and poppy seeds in a small bowl.
- Top each with 3/4 teaspoon.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool before eating.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo credit Jess Larson.