Skillet Chicken and Broccoli Veggie Tot Pie is the ultimate fast and easy, family-friendly, one-pan comfort dish! Made in a skillet with chicken breast, celery, carrots, and broccoli, then finished in the oven with broccoli and cheese veggie tots. Similar to a chicken pot pie or shepherds pie, but with veggie tots in place of crust or mashed potatoes.
When I played around with this idea, I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but Tommy and Madison loved it – win, win in my book! The veggie tots are new from Green Giant, they have cauliflower tots, broccoli tots, but the Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Veggie Tots are by far my favorite. I often make veggie tots from scratch with all sorts of veggies, if you’ve been following my blog for a while you may have tried them. But for convenience these veggie tots from Green Giant are a huge time saver and a great alternative to tater tots. This whole dish came together in less than 30 minutes!
I always have shredded chicken on hand, I make it every week in my slow cooker by covering the breasts with water or broth and cooking it high 4 hours. You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken here, both would work! And last, here is a $1 off discount code for the Green Giant veggie tots. If you make this let me know what you think!
Skillet Chicken and Broccoli Veggie Tot Pie
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1- 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 -1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 -1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 16 oz package frozen Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Veggie Tots
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat a large oven safe or cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, celery, carrots and parsley cooking until onions are translucent. Add minced garlic, cooking for an additional minute. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir. Pour in the broth and stir mixing 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, thyme and cook medium heat, bring to a boil then cook until the broccoli is tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Top with Green Giant Veggie Tots and place in the preheated oven 16 minutes, until veggie tots are crisp and hot.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: I partnered with Green Giant to develop this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All opinions are my own.