Cauliflower Fried “Rice” with Leftover Ham
Cauliflower Fried “Rice” with Leftover Ham is a great way to use up that leftover ham from the Holidays, without the calories and carbs you may have over-indulged on.
This low-carb mock fried rice is made with riced cauliflower, eggs, scallions and ham – it’s delicious! This is a variation of my popular Fried Cauliflower Rice recipe which can easily be modified with any protein.
I had leftover ham from this Apricot-Rum Glazed Ham and came up with this recipe as a way to make a new dish with all that ham. This couldn’t be easier, I made the cauliflower rice in my food processor but you can also use pre-cut. If you don’t have a leftover ham, you can use a ham steak.
For more leftover ham recipes:
More Cauliflower Rice Recipes
- Mexican Cauliflower “Rice”
- Cauliflower Fried “Rice
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice”
- Cauliflower Rice Biryani
- Cauliflower Rice Arancini
Cauliflower Fried "Rice" with Leftover Ham
- 10 ounces leftover ham, diced
- 1 medium head, about 24 oz cauliflower
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- cooking spray
- 1/2 small onion, diced fine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions, whites and greens separated, sliced on angle
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, or more to taste (use Tamari for Gluten Free)
- Remove the core of the cauliflower and coarsely chop into florets, then place in small batches about 1/4 of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don't over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Heat a large saute pan or nonstick wok over medium heat and spray with oil. Add the ham and cook until the edges are slightly browned and crips, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Spray again, add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
- Add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, peas and carrots and garlic about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Raise the heat to high.
- Add the cauliflower to the saute pan, mix and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Add soy sauce and egg and ham, cook 1 minute then remove from heat and mix in scallion greens.