Chocolate addicts are going to love me for this one! These cupcakes are super moist and delicious, and they are so easy to make.
I used a box of Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix, a box of fat free instant chocolate pudding, a little water and some canned pumpkin. That’s it! No oil, no butter, no eggs.
I’ve been perfecting these for weeks. My first experiments didn’t include pumpkin; they were good, but I noticed no one in my house was eating them. When I asked why, they told me they were good, perfect for people on diets…. fail!! So I was on a mission to make low fat chocolate cupcakes my family would love, and here they are! Without the chocolate pudding, these are still very good, but the pudding just gives it that extra yum factor!
I used orange foil liners to give these a simple Halloween theme without too much effort. I also created some really cute Halloween cupcakes based on this base recipe. I will be posting those over the weekend. Not to create too much confusion, I am posting the chocolate glaze with this recipe, and the vanilla frosting will be posted on the next post. Both are equally yummy and a perfect solution for a low fat icing!
Super Moist Low Fat Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Glaze
- 18.25 oz Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix
- 1.4 oz sugar free, fat free, instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1/3 cups water
For the chocolate glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2-1 tbsp 1% milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine pumpkin puree and water in a large bowl; mix to combine.
- Add chocolate pudding mix and mix well. Add chocolate cake mix and beat 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake about 25 - 28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- For the glaze: combine all dry ingredients, add vanilla and 1/2 tbsp milk, adding more 1/4 tsp at a time if needed until smooth.
- Add to a piping bag or use a zip lock bag and cut the corner off, drizzle onto cooled cupcakes.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.