Chocolate Mummy Cupcakes
These are healthy Chocolate Mummy cupcakes with vanilla frosting, wouldn’t these be so cute to bring to a Halloween party!
Friday I posted a recipe for Super Moist Low Fat Chocolate Cupcakes, and I promised you the recipe for the vanilla icing. For these mummies, this recipe makes enough for about 18 cupcakes, depending how thick you pipe it on but if you just want to drizzle it on like I did on my previous cupcake post (see photo below), 1/2 of the icing should be more than enough for 24 cupcakes.
You can bake the cupcakes the night before and decorate these the next day. I would frost them the same day you plan on serving them for best results. The frosting will keep in the refrigerator in a piping bag for several days. If you refrigerate it, let it get to room temperature before piping.
The cute fondant ghosts pictured above can be found on Ambrosia Baking.
Low Fat Chocolate Mummy Cupcakes
For the Vanilla Frosting:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup light butter, Land O Lakes*
- 1 tsp white vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp boiling water
For the eyes:
- 36 m&m's
- Start with my basic Super Moist Low Fat Chocolate Cupcakes recipe, without the chocolate frosting.
- When cooked and cooled you can decorate with the frosting.
- For the frosting: combine confectioners' sugar, melted light butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve frosting consistency, starting with 1 tbsp and adding more if needed.
- Place frosting into a piping bag, cut the tip off and pipe onto cupcakes. (no need for a fancy tip unless of course you want to use one!)
- While frosting is still wet, press 2 m&m's (letter side down) of the same color on each cupcake to create the eyes.