These Skinny Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookies should really come with a warning label, because they are so good and hard to stop at just one!
A snickerdoodle is a type of sugar cookie made with cream of tartar and rolled in cinnamon sugar. This pumpkin spice version was inspired by my Skinny Snickerdoodles. I wanted to see what would happen if I coated them with pumpkin spice instead, the results were pumpkin spice heaven! More of my favorite pumpkin recipes are Skinny Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Spice No-Bake Cheesecake, and Pumpkin Butterscotch Bars.
These pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies are lighter than the traditional Snickerdoodles and made with white whole wheat flour instead for added fiber.
Snickerdoodle Cookie Tips
- I noticed some people commented on the original snickerdoodle recipe that the dough was too dry, and yes, the dough will be dry. I’ve made them several times with success; using wet hands to form them into balls is a must and will help moisten the dough.
- Some comments below, people added a little pumpkin puree to the mix along with butter with great success.
- You can add extra pumpkin pie spice to the batter if you want more pumpkin flavor.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice
Make your own pumpkin spice and add it to your morning coffee or your favorite pumpkin recipes!
Combine 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon with 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1 teaspoon ground cloves and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Mix all the ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
More Pumpkin Recipes you Might Enjoy:
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Pecan Bread
- No Bake Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Butterscotch Bars
- Skinny Pumpkin Pie
Skinny Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur white whole wheat flour, or all purpose white
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp sugar*
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice*
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with Silpat mats and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add the agave, vanilla and egg; beat well. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating just until combined. Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3 tbsp sugar with pumpkin pie spice, stirring with a whisk to combine. With wet hands (you can keep a cup of water close), shape dough into 42 (1-inch) balls. Roll balls in sugar/pumpkin pie spice mixture.
- Place balls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets and slightly flatten with a fork.
- Bake 375°F for 5-7 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft). Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks. Enjoy!