These twice baked potatoes are so cheesy, stuffed with broccoli and cheese plus some hidden cauliflower, but trust me no one will know!
Twice Baked Potatoes
Loaded twice baked potatoes are so quick and easy to make. Loaded with mashed cauliflower, broccoli and cheese. A few other baked potato recipes we love are these Loaded Philly Cheese Steak Baked Potatoes, or these Loaded Turkey Chili Baked Potatoes. And if you like baked sweet potatoes, these Sloppy Joe Baked Sweet Potatoes are a must!
These cheesy baked potatoes were first cooked in the microwave (you can of course use my baked potato recipe in the oven), then scooped out and mashed with cooked cauliflower, buttermilk and cheese. Then they went back into the shells and topped with steamed broccoli and more cheese, delicious!
If you want to sneak some vegetables into your family’s meal, this is the perfect side dish – great with chicken, steak or pork chops. I often add cauliflower to my mashed potatoes and no one really notices. My very popular baked potato soup is the perfect example.
Kid-friendly, vegetarian, gluten-free and simple to make. This took under 30 minutes to make, you can easily prepare them ahead and heat just before serving. I served them with Garlic Lover’s Roast Beef and I had one happy family!
What are the benefits of potato?
Besides being low cos, low carb and naturally gluten-free, eating potatoes also have some great health benefits. Some are:
- Great source of nutrients and vitamins like Vitamin C, B6, Potassium, Iron, Magnesium and Zinc. These are great for bone health, heart health and regulating blood pressure.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- They are super high in fiber so it promotes good digestion.
- Made of resistant starch which becomes a beneficial source of nutrients for the good bacteria in your gut. This in turn also help regulate blood sugar.
- No fat, sodium or cholesterol
- They’re also super filling which is great for anyone trying to lose weight!
How To Make Twice Baked Potatoes
More Baked Potato Recipes:
- Baked Potato Soup
- Loaded Philly Cheese Steak Baked Potatoes
- Crock Pot Baked Potato
- Loaded Turkey Chili Baked Potatoes
- Loaded Turkey Sante Fe Potato Skins
Twice Baked Potatoes with broccoli and cheese
- 18 oz 4 medium russet potatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 tbsp minced chives, optional
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork.
- Place in the microwave and use your baked potato setting until the potatoes are cooked through, turning half way. (Or you can bake 1 hour in your oven at 425° F)
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine cauliflower and broccoli with a little salted water and cook, covered for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon and set aside, continue cooking the cauliflower until soft, about 5 more minutes. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the flesh out into the large bowl with the cauliflower, leaving a ¼" shell.
- Place the potato shells on a baking sheet.
- Mash the flesh with a potato masher or puree with a hand blender along with the cauliflower.
- Add the buttermilk and salt, mash until smooth.
- Fold in half of the shredded cheddar (and chives if desired).
- Spoon the potato/cauliflower mixture back into the shells.
- Top with the cooked broccoli (I just inserted them in) and remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted. (you can also microwave it for a few minutes if you prefer not to use the oven)