Sweet coconut milk and spicy green curry paste are blended with shrimp and basil to create a comforting Thai curry dish in less than 10 minutes! Serve over Jasmine rice or cauliflower rice to make it a meal.
If you love Thai food as much as I do, you’ll love this quick and easy dish, perfect for a busy weeknight! A lot of Thai dishes are hard to make at home if you don’t have access to a good Asian market, but luckily with the popularity of Thai cuisine, company’s like Thai Kitchen have made a lot of the ingredients available in your local supermarket. You can adjust the heat to your liking by adding more or less green curry paste, if you prefer you can use cilantro in place of the basil. Enjoy!!
Thai Green Curry Coconut Shrimp with Basil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 small scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste, or more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (from 1 1/4 lbs unpeeled)
- 6 oz light coconut milk
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- salt to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil on medium-high flame. Add scallion whites and green curry paste; sauté one minute.
- Add shrimp and garlic, season with salt and cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce and mix well; simmer about 2-3 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, mix in scallion greens and basil. Serve over basmati rice or caulirice and enjoy!