This savory quinoa stuffing is a delicious, protein-packed, gluten-free alternative to traditional stuffing.
A wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving table, or perfect to serve any night of the week. Serve this along side a roasted chicken, turkey breast, or make it a meal by adding sauteed turkey sausage.
And just a side note, my uncle who doesn’t like quinoa was really impressed with the flavors in this dish. I think I may have converted him *smile*.
Mushroom Fennel Quinoa Stuffing
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth, vegetarians use veggie broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup fennel, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cook rinsed quinoa in broth according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, in a large heavy sauté pan add olive oil to the pan, then the onion, sauté one minute.
- Add the fennel, celery, and carrots, salt and pepper to taste; cook about 12-15 minutes over medium heat, until vegetables are soft.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, more salt and pepper if needed and cook, stirring 5 minutes, then cook covered for 2 minutes, or until the mushrooms have released their juice and are cooked through.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and mix well.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.