This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Potato skins for breakfast? Why not! Potato skins stuffed with scrambled eggs, ham, pepper, onion and topped with reduced fat cheddar cheese, it’s a perfect breakfast combination.
Western Omelet Breakfast Potato Skins
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Size: 2 skins
- Pierce potato with a fork a few times all around.
- Place in microwave and cook about 5 minutes per potato.
- When finished, allow to cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes in half horizontally.
- Scoop out potatoes leaving about 1/4 inch thick wall. (Skins weigh 2.5 oz after scooped)
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add onion, pepper and ham and mix well.
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and cook the eggs, mixing often.
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Lightly spray potato skins on both sides with oil.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Fill with eggs and top each one with 1 tbsp cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 skins, Calories: 305.1 kcal, Carbohydrates: 35.1 g, Protein: 23.8 g, Fat: 7.6 g, Fiber: 2.7 g