This easy and quick pasta dish is a guaranteed way to get picky eaters to love their broccoli, just roast it with garlic and olive oil!
The aroma of the roasted garlic always conjures up the question, is dinner ready? This is one of my favorite pasta dishes, great for those nights you forget to defrost your something, or if you need to whip up a quick inexpensive yet healthy meal. Reserving some of your pasta water before you drain it, to add to the pasta after it’s tossed with the broccoli is my way of keeping the pasta from getting too dry, without having to add more olive oil. Adding crushed red pepper is also delicious if you like it a little spicy. Enjoy!
More Quick and Easy Simple Pasta Recipes:
- Angel Hair Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- One Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce (Stove Top)
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Summer Cavatelli with Corn, Tomatoes and Zucchini
- Orecchiette Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli
- Fettuccini with Winter Greens and a Poached Egg
- Brussels Sprouts Carbonara
Pasta with Roasted Broccoli, Garlic and Oil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a baking dish combine broccoli, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast broccoli about 20 minutes, tossing half way, until broccoli is browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, boil salted water in a large pot.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the water from the pasta.
- Drain and toss pasta with broccoli.
- Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water (or more if necessary), Pecorino Romano, salt and pepper to taste.