This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
These low fat Rice Krispy treats will satisfy your sweet tooth, and your kids will enjoy them too! I replaced the butter with Smart Balance Light and used half of the required amount. I’m not a big fan of making sticky things, and I’m not sure if it gets stickier than melting marshmallows and combining them with puffed rice, but it’s so worth the getting your fingers sticky for this low fat, low point dessert. No baking required!
Skinny Rice Krispies Treats
Yield: 16 servings
Serving Size: 1 piece
- 2 tbsp light butter spread, I used Smart Balance Light
- 4 cups or 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- cooking spray
- Spray a 9x12-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan on low heat.
- Melt butter spread being sure to coat the bottom of the pot to prevent sticking.
- Add marshmallows and melt on low flame.
- Stir until completely melted, then remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies to the melted marshmallows, and stir until completely combined (this is the hardest part, do this quick before the marshmallows cool).
- Press into the buttered pan with wax paper and cut them into 16 pieces.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 piece, Calories: 84.4 kcal, Carbohydrates: 18.9 g, Protein: 0.8 g, Fat: 0.7 g