Crostinis are fun little bite sized appetizers which are little slices of toasted baguettes topped with whatever your heart desires. I like this healthy White Bean Topping drizzled with a little balsamic. You can make these ahead of time, the bread will store for a few days in an air-tight container. The white bean spread can be refrigerated a few days. This recipe can easily be doubled.
White Bean Crostini
For the White Bean Spread:
- 8-1/2 " piece of baguette, 4 oz, sliced into 1/4" pieces
- garlic clove
- olive oil spray
- extra thyme for garnish
- balsamic vinegar
- Cut the bread into 1/4" thin slices.
- You can toast these in the oven with a little olive oil spray at 400° turning once until toasted or grill them. I used my George Forman grill to toast them with a light spray of olive oil.
- Once the bread is toasted, lightly rub it with a garlic clove cut in half. Now your bread is ready to top.
- Pureé in a small blender or magic bullet all the ingredients for the white bean spread. If it's too dry you can add a little more water.
- Top each piece with 2 tsp of white bean puree and garnish with fresh thyme.
- Drizzle with a touch of balsamic right before serving.