Baked Brie Phyllo Cups with Craisins and Walnuts
Baked brie in mini phyllo cups topped with craisins, walnuts and honey. Delicious bite-sized appetizers, perfect for the Holidays!
Someone gave me this idea last week after posting my mini pecan pies and I just loved it! You see I’m a huge fan of baked brie, so naturally creating baked brie a bit lighter with better portion control sounded very appealing to me.
Trader Joe’s sells a light Brie which is what I used here, Presidente also carries one. For the topping, I thought using dried cranberries would be pretty for this time of year and I used honey as my glue to keep everything in place. And the taste? Just as good as the real thing, just be sure you don’t eat the whole tray!
A wedge of brie would be enough to make two batches, so if you are serving a crowd, you can easily double this recipe.
Skinny Baked Brie Phyllo Cups with Craisins and Walnuts
- 3 oz light brie, skin removed cut into (15) 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tbsp craisins
- 4 tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tbsp honey
- 15 Mini Phyllo Shells, Athens
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine craisins, chopped nuts and honey in a bowl and mix well.
- Arrange mini shells on a baking sheet.
- Fill mini shells with cheese (each piece of cheese weighs about 0.2 oz).
- Top with sticky craisin/nut mixture and bake 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.