Moist and delicious low fat whole wheat muffins loaded with blueberries in every bite. Isn’t it dissatisfying when you buy a blueberry muffin thinking it’s a healthy breakfast option and it’s basically a sweet piece of cake disguised as a healthy breakfast muffin? These are lightly sweetened, with only 2 teaspoons of sugar in each muffin, and applesauce replaces most of the butter. The results are moist and delicious!
These muffins are low in calories and fat, high in fiber and good for you! Most of the fat has been replaced by applesauce which gives you a very moist muffin without all the added fat. You can make a half batch just as easily as making a whole batch if 12 muffins are too much for your household. I love them best fresh out of the oven, but I usually reheat them a few seconds in the micro the next day and tightly wrap any remaining with plastic wrap.
More Muffin Recipes You Will Love
- Ricotta Cheese Chocolate Chip Muffins,
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Glaze.
- Banana Bread Muffin in a Mug
- Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 325F°.
- Dry Ingredients: Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk well.
- Wet Ingredients: In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, melted butter, vanilla and applesauce.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into 12 lined muffin tins and bake at 325F° for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.