Split Pea Soup with Ham Hock
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 6 • Size: 1/6th of recipe • Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 183.3 • Fat: 5.9g • Protein: 10.9 g • Carb: 22.2 g • Fiber: 7.3 g
- 16 oz bag of dried split peas
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove or more if you like more garlic, use 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 2 large carrots - chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ham hock
Add peas, carrots, ham hock and your chicken stock, then cover the pot and let it come to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Once it boils you can reduce heat and cook for about two hours (beans should be very soft by then). Make sure to check the water and consistency. You may need to add hot water if it becomes too thick.
Remove ham hock and serve.
Serve with toasted bread. (Extra pts)