Chicken breast, apples, grapes, pecans and celery in a creamy dressing. It's a perfect combination of flavors and textures. I served this over a bed of baby arugula and baby spinach, but this is also wonderful on a whole grain roll or in a healthy low carb wrap.
Skinny Chicken Waldorf Salad
Servings: 3 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 223.2 • Fat: 9.8 g • Protein: 18.6 g • Carb: 21.4 g • Fiber: 3.2 g
- 7 oz (1 breast) poached chicken breast (recipe follows)
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cut into small cubes (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup light Hellman's mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp pecans or walnuts
- 6 cups mixed baby greens like spinach and arugula
To poach chicken breast: Cover chicken breast in broth in a small pot, add water if it doesn't cover the chicken. Add salt and pepper, a piece of celery and it's leaves (you could add herbs like parsley, garlic, onion, or whatever you want) and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover tight and let it sit for 15-20 minutes or until thickest part of the breast registers 160 degrees. Chicken will be cooked through. Let it cool and cut into small cubes.
Combine mayo, yogurt, salt, pepper and mix well. Add chicken, grapes, apples, celery, and let it chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat it. Mix in pecans right before serving. Serve over baby greens.