Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken made with rice noodles, scallions, carrots, broccoli slaw, bean sprouts in a spicy peanut sauce. A winning combination of spicy, crunchy, sweet and salty will tantalize your taste buds.
Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken
This dish is so popular on my blog I included it in my first cookbook, The Skinnytaste Cookbook (photo credit above Penny De Los Santos). To lighten up this dish, I load it up with lean protein and lots of veggies. If you love peanut sauce, you will also love this Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce and these Shrimp Summer Rolls with Hoisin Peanut Sauce.
To make this peanut sauce light, I love using Better n Peanut Butter (avail on amazon, see affil link). It has 85% less fat than peanut butter and tastes really good when used in recipes like this. If you’ve tried it let me know what you think. If you can’t find it, regular peanut butter will do, you will have to adjust the macros.
Rice sticks or rice noodles can be found in the Asian section of your supermarket and make this a gluten free dish. If you can’t find rice noodles, udon noodles or even linguini would work. Or skip the noodles and use spiralized veggies instead (sweet potatoes would be great here). Although there’s a long list of ingredients, one everything is prepped it really comes together quite quickly. To save time, buyt pre-shredded carrots and broccoli slaw, this will help speed things up.
- Try this with shrimp instead of chicken.
- Make it vegetarian and use tofu in place of chicken.
- Can’t find use Better n Peanut Butter regular peanut butter in it’s place.
How To Make Asian Peanut Noodles
More Asian Noodle Recipes You Will Love
- Quick Shrimp Pho
- Easy Wonton Soup
- Chicken and Shrimp Laap (Larb)
- Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad
- Asian Beef Zoodle Soup
Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 5 tbsp Better n Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp srracha chili sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, use Tamari for gluten free
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the chicken:
- 16 oz chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp sriracha chili sauce, more or less to taste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, use Tamari for gluten free
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 -1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1- 1/4 cups cup shredded broccoli slaw
- 1 cup bean bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1 lime, sliced
- cilantro for garnish, optional
- For the peanut sauce: Combine 1 cup chicken broth, peanut butter, sriracha, honey, 2 tbsp soy sauce, ginger, and 3 cloves crushed garlic in a small saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until sauce becomes smooth and well blended, about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil water for the noodles cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, sriracha, lime, garlic, ginger and soy sauce.
- Heat a large skillet or wok until hot. Add oil and sauté chicken on high heat until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- Add 2 cloves crushed garlic, scallions, carrots, broccoli slaw and/or bean sprouts and salt, sauté until tender crisp, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drain noodles and toss with peanut sauce and additional chicken broth if needed to loosen the sauce. When chicken is cooked, toss with noodles.
- Divide noodles and chicken between 6 bowls, top with sauteed vegetables, bean sprouts, chopped peanuts (or you can toss everything together to hide the vegetables so your family members don't push them aside!) and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.