Breakfast on the go? This quick shake is healthy and delicious!
My daughter loves Avena and requests it for breakfast at least 3 times a week. It’s nutritious, high in fiber, lowers cholesterol and tastes delicious! Avena is a very popular cold beverage in many Latin countries, here’s my healthy skinny version. You can even double it and call it a meal.
Avena - Healthy Oatmeal Shake
- 1/2 cup quick oats*
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 cup ice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cook oats and water in a small pot for about a minute or two, stirring often until it becomes thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and let it cool a few minutes.
- In a blender add milk, sugar, cinnamon. Add oats and ice.
- Blend on high until very smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator or pour in a glass over ice. Enjoy!! Makes 4 cups.
- *Use GF oats to make this gluten-free.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.