This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This simple Baked Rice and Peas dish uses pantry and freezer staples, a great side dish to go along with shrimp or chicken.
Baked Rice and Peas
Easy peas-y and only 5 ingredients! Why bake rice? There is something nice about being able to put something in the oven, setting the timer and forgetting about it. While the rice bakes you can throw some chicken or shrimp in the air fryer, skillet or grill.
The ingredients in this oven baked rice are simple, rice and green peas with chicken stock or broth. You get fluffy, tender grains that have just the right texture once baked.
Variations and Notes
- You can use canned peas or frozen peas, or even swap the peas for frozen mixed vegetables or corn if you wish.
- I tested this with white rice, brown rice will not work here as the ratio and time will be off.
- If you don’t have broth, you can use water and bouillon.
More Easy 5-Ingredient Recipes
- Baby Pasta Shells with Asparagus
- Inside Out Stuffed Turkey Burgers
- 4 Ingredient Flourless Pancakes
- Maple Soy Glazed Salmon
- Easy Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Baked Rice and Peas
This simple Baked Rice and Peas dish uses pantry and freezer staples, a great side dish to go along with grilled shrimp or chicken.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving Size: 3 /4 cup
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 14.5 oz can chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 5 oz (1/2 package) frozen peas, or canned
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a oven-safe baking dish with a lid.
- Place a piece of tin foil between the lid and the dish to ensure no steam escapes.
- Bake 45 minutes (do not open, do not peek, do not stir to rice).
- When 45 minutes is up, remove from oven and let it sit for 10 more minutes to allow the steam to finish cooking the rice, (do not open, do not peek, do not stir to rice).
- After 10 minutes, remove lid and fluff with a fork.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Makes 3 3/4 cups
Serving: 3 /4 cup, Calories: 173 kcal, Carbohydrates: 34.5 g, Protein: 5.5 g, Fat: 1.5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 7.5 mg, Sodium: 842 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 1.7 g