A simple salad made with endive lettuce, blood oranges, Gorgonzola with a blood orange vinaigrette.
Yesterday I had the honor of being the Godmother to my beautiful niece, Mia Rose. After the church, there was a reception dinner where I totally indulged on some not-so-light dishes and of course, cake.
I need to brag about this cake for a minute because my very talented aunt made this, although my iPhone really doesn’t do it justice… So pretty you almost don’t want to eat it!
This morning I ran 2 miles and after my run I did some grocery shopping (best time to go food shopping BTW, I always make the best choices after working out) and found these beautiful blood oranges. I love the color of blood oranges and I seldom see them, so a salad is today’s light lunch.
This is also great with goat cheese in place of gorgonzola, and you can use raspberries or strawberries in place of the oranges.
Blood Orange Endive Salad
- 1 head endive
- 1 blood orange
- 1 tbsp crumbled gorgonzola
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp white balsamic
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Peel the orange and cut into sections.
- Remove the outer leaves of the endive and fan them on the plate.
- Chop the remaining smaller leaves and place them in the center of the plate.
- Top with crumbled cheese.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk; drizzle over salad.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.