An easy chili recipe with a buffalo chicken twist! So easy to make and SOOOO good – perfect for game watching or any night of the week!
Buffalo Chicken & Bean Chili Recipe
And the best part is it doesn’t need to simmer all day. This is ready in about 40-45 minutes, and most of that time is unattended. To thicken the chili and give you that texture like it’s been simmering for hours, I added refried pinto beans to the mix which always works like a charm!
I like to serve mine with a handful of chips like Beanitos which are made from white beans, but any baked chip is great and of course, some carrot sticks and celery on the side. Hope you enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken and Bean Chili
- 1 lb lean ground chicken, or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground paprika
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15 oz can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 13.6 oz container fat free refried pinto beans
- 3/4 cups Swanson's reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce
- reduced fat shredded cheddar
- chopped scallions
- reduced fat sour cream
- Heat a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the ground chicken in the skillet and cook, breaking up the meat into small pieces as it cooks, about 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through, set aside.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook stirring until the vegetables soften, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add white beans, refried beans, water and chicken broth, bring to a boil and simmer covered on medium-low about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the hot sauce and add the chicken, cover and simmer until thickened, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the flavors blend.