Turkey Chili Taco Soup
This turkey chili taco soup satisfies my cravings for chili and soup, all in one! It takes just 20 minutes to cook but it tastes like it was simmering for hours! Top it with your favorite chili toppings such as sour cream, cheese or whatever you like for a healthy meal that can be prepped for the week or frozen for another night.
When I worked full time in the city, on those occasions I don’t bring leftovers for lunch, my go-to was the Turkey Chili Soup from Fresh and Co. This homemade version is just as good, and so much cheaper than buying it! Light, healthy and super filling!
Now I know I have quite a few chili recipes on my site, but this one is perfect when you need a quick meal. Adapted from my friend Julia’s recipe. She’s an amazing cook, a working mother of four, and always cooks her family quick healthy meals made from scratch.
- When reheating, to thin it out simply add more broth or water.
- To freeze, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator then reheat on the stove or microwave.
You can see more Soup Recipes here!
More Chili Recipes You May Like:
- Chicken Taco Chili
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Kid Friendly Chili
- Turkey Pumpkin White Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker 3-Bean Chili
Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- olive oil spray
- 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 10 oz can rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 oz canned or frozen corn, drained
- 15 oz no salt added kidney beans, drained
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz can fat-free refried beans
- 2 tablespoons + 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning, or 1 packet store bought low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray then brown the turkey over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, add the onions and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, re-fried beans, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as low fat sour cream, jalapeños, reduced fat cheese, chopped scallions, onions, or chopped fresh cilantro. Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.