This quick & easy Turkey Chili Taco Soup, filled with beans, tomatoes and corn is one of my favorite soups for lunch or dinner! It takes just 20 minutes to cook but it tastes like it was simmering for hours!
Turkey Chili Taco Soup
It satisfies my cravings for chili and soup, all in one! Top it with your favorite chili toppings such as sour cream, cheese or whatever you like for a healthy meal that can be prepped for the week or frozen for another night.
When I worked full time in the city, on those occasions I don’t bring leftovers for lunch, my go-to was the Turkey Chili Soup from Fresh and Co. This homemade version is just as good, and so much cheaper than buying it! Light, healthy and super filling!
Now I know I have quite a few chili recipes on my site, but this one is perfect when you need a quick meal. Adapted from my friend Julia’s recipe, of Julia’s Healthy Italian Cooking. She’s an amazing cook, a working mother of four, and always cooks her family quick healthy meals made from scratch.
- When reheating, to thin it out simply add more broth or water.
- To freeze, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator then reheat on the stove or microwave.
You can see more Soup Recipes here!
More Chili Recipes You May Like:
- Chicken Taco Chili
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Kid Friendly Chili
- Turkey Pumpkin White Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker 3-Bean Chili
Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- cooking spray
- 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 10 oz can rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 oz canned or frozen corn, drained
- 15 oz no salt added kidney beans, drained
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz fat free refried beans
- 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning, or use homemade
- 2 1/2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray then brown the turkey over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, add the onions and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, re-fried beans, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as low fat sour cream, jalapeños, reduced fat cheese, chopped scallions, onions, or chopped fresh cilantro. Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
699 comments on “Turkey Chili Taco Soup”
Loved it ! Easy and delicious . I was a little leary about the refried beans But that made the soup!
I make this recipe almost on a weekly basis. It’s so easy and flavorful. I use Rotel for the tomatoes, black beans for the kidney beans, and spicy taco seasoning. It’s a staple in my take to work rotation. ❤️
I absolutely love this recipe; I eat it all the time. I don’t like peppers so I leave that out. Sometimes I put in a bag of frozen mixed veggies in addition to the corn. I freeze 1 cup portions in my Souper Cubes and put into a freezer bag so that I have this soup at the ready for whenever I want it. Great for portion control.