These healthy buffalo chicken meatballs are a great option for a weeknight dinner, game day snack, or party appetizer. Serve them with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing for dipping, or enjoy them on their own.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
These healthy buffalo chicken meatballs are a tasty and nutritious way to enjoy the bold flavor of buffalo sauce. They are easy to prepare and can be served in many different ways, making them a great option for any occasion whether you’re serving them as an app, for dinner or meal prep. Some favorite buffalo chicken dishes are Buffalo Chicken Strips, Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers and Buffalo chicken dip, it’s my favorite!
Buffalo chicken wings are a staple at many sporting events and gatherings, but they are not always the healthiest option. If you’re looking for a healthier way to enjoy the bold flavor of buffalo sauce, try these healthy buffalo chicken meatballs. They are packed with protein and flavor, while also being lower in fat and calories than traditional buffalo wings.
Chicken meatballs are a versatile and tasty dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways. They are a great option for those who are looking for a healthier alternative to traditional beef or pork meatballs, as chicken is a leaner meat that is lower in fat and calories. Top them with buffalo sauce and you have one tasty appetizer! You can put buffalo sauce on anything and it will taste great!
They are also a great option for meal prep, as they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How do you make buffalo chicken meatballs?
Ground chicken is mixed with chopped celery, carrots, scallions and panko, then rolled into balls and baked in the oven. Once they are ready you toss them with hot sauce, and drizzle them with blue cheese dressing.
You may also enjoy these chicken recipes:
- Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Pickle Brined Baked Chicken Tenders
- Tortilla Encrusted Chicken Tenders
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Strips
- Sesame Encrusted Baked Chicken Tenders
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- oil spray, I used my mister
- 1 1/4 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely minced celery
- 1/3 cup finely minced carrot
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Franks Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup skinny blue cheese dressing, optional
- finely chopped celery leaf for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray a non-stick baking sheet with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, panko crumbs, egg, scallions, celery, carrot and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using clean hands, mix until combined. Roll the mixture (1/8 cup each) into 26 round meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through and golden, about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Place the meatballs in a bowl, add the buffalo sauce and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with blue cheese dressing, if desired.