These homemade, cheesecake brownies are SO good and they are gluten-free and flourless by using almond meal in place of wheat flour, then swirled with a cheesecake topping!
Flourless Cheesecake Brownies
I love brownies, and am always testing new ways to make a moist and delicious brownie that won’t cost me a ton of calories. If you’ve tried my Amazing Flourless Brownies made with black beans, or my PB2 Brownies which replace flour with peanut butter powder, I think you will LOVE these new almond flour brownies!
How To Make Brownies Healthier
These brownies have less calories, sugar and fat than traditional brownies yet taste decadent and delicious! How do I do this? I started by swapping the wheat flour for wholesome almond meal which really makes them moist from the natural oils in almonds, with no need to add any butter or oil! I lightly sweetened them with honey and just a touch of sugar, as the chocolate chips are sweet enough. They turned out moist and absolutely delicious, even my daughter Madison claimed they are her new favorite brownie!
How To Make Cheesecake Brownies
How To Freeze Brownies
Brownies are delicious, but if you’re not cooking for a party you make want to freeze whatever you don’t plan on eating to avoid eating to many.
- You can freeze the brownies for up to 3 months. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and foil to reduce the risk of freezer burn.
- To thaw the brownies, unwrap them from the foil and plastic and let them stand at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
More Chocolate Treats You May Enjoy:
- Chocolate Chip Yogurt Muffins
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones
Flourless Cheesecake Brownies
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup finely ground almond meal or flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened in the microwave
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a nonstick 9 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and line with two strips of parchment 8 inches wide and long enough to leave a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 large whole egg with 1 egg yolk (separate the whites and reserve, set aside).
- Add 1⁄4 cup water, the honey, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and stir with the spatula until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture and mix well with a spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Soften the package of cream cheese in the microwave, mix in sugar, reserved egg white and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pour over the brownie mix and spread over the top with a spatula, marbelize the with a toothpick.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.