This EASY 5-ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake is only 136 calories. So rich and delicious, perfect when you want a low-calorie, gluten-free chocolate dessert that won’t set you back, and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
The perfect light chocolate dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth, perfect to make when you’re entertaining. Made with just a few basic ingredients; chocolate, pumpkin puree, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract and eggs. The results are a warm, chocolate treat, somewhere in the middle of a cake and souffle. This is best warm out of the oven, although I did reheat one for my daughter later in the microwave a few seconds and she loved it.
You start by melting the chocolate in the microwave in 45 second intervals.
Then you add the whole egg, maple syrup, pumpkin and vanilla and mix well.
Next you whip the egg whites and fold the chocolate in.
Pour it into 4 ounce ramekins and bake them until the rise. Last grab a spoon and dig in (oops, I added a little whipped cream for fun)!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- cooking spray
- 6 oz 60% Ghirardelli Chocolate
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8 (4 oz) ramekins with cooking spray. Place on a large baking tray.
- Melt chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl for 45 second intervals, mixing until melted and set aside to cool a few minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the melted chocolate along with vanilla, 1 whole egg, and maple syrup; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, with a hand mixer beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, add salt.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mixture into ramekins and bake about 15 minutes, until the cakes rise. Serve right away.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.