Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheese Frosting
St. Patrick’s Day inspired me to create this skinny adult treat. Pinterest can be such a time suck, but it also sparks creativity. After seeing this chocolate stout cake on Ambrosia Baking, a light bulb lit up in my head. I could mess around with my last chocolate cake recipes and use beer in the mix. I found the Double Chocolate Stout in Trader Joe’s, but Guinness would work too.
As for the frosting, I knew I wanted to use Bailey’s, but I couldn’t imagine just how good they would be when combined.
Folks, this was a big success, so if you have a St Patrick’s Day party to go to I highly recommend bringing these. You can double the recipe for more.
Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Bailey's frosting:
- 5.5 oz 1/3 less fat Philly Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp Bailey's Irish Cream
- Combine all the frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with 12 liners and lightly spray liners with oil (to prevent sticking).
- In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients; sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine the wet ingredients (egg through canola oil) and beat until smooth.
- With a mixer, slowly add the sifted flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into cupcake liners and bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.