These Greek Nachos are a healthier Greek twist on traditional nachos. They are made with whole wheat pita chips, hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes and feta.
This is super easy to make, great as a snack or even a light vegetarian lunch.
Recipe is from the paperback book Snack Girl To The Rescue: Easy, Delicious Food for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. This is a weight loss book with recipes, and although there are no photos, Lisa gives practical advice on getting healthy along with a bit of humor. The book has 100 recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but I thought I would try one of her snacks, because after all, she’s Snack Girl, right?
Greek Nacho Variations
- Add some Kalamata olives, red onion or bell peppers.
- For more protein, some chopped grilled chicken or pine nuts would be great.
- 2 small 100% whole wheat pita rounds, about 70 - 80 calories each
- 1/2 tomato, or 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber diced, about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp hummus, prepared or homemade
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut the pita rounds into quarters and pull them apart so you have 8 triangles from each pita.
- Spread over a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While toasting, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes and feta in a medium bowl.
- Put the toasted pitas on two plates and drop some hummus onto the chips.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Reprinted with permission from Snack Girl To The Rescue! A Real Life Guide to Losing Weight and Eating Healthy with 100 Recipes under 400 Calories.