Heirloom Tomato Galette
This Heirloom Tomato Galette is delicious and deceptively easy to make with refrigerated pie dough, summer tomatoes, shallots and pesto.
Heirloom Tomato Galette
The best part about making a galette is that they are rustic so they don’t have to be perfect. This heirloom tomato galette is not just gorgeous, it’s also delicious and simple to make! If your garden is overflowing with tomatoes right now, here’s a few more tomato recipes you need to make; Tomato Salad, Italian Caprese Salad, and Garden Tomato Sauce.
I had a small dinner party the other night with my neighbors and collaborated with my friend DyAnne, a prive chef from the Culinistas as she made such a beautiful spread, including this tomato galette that I knew I had to share. I watched her whip this up and once I saw how simple it was, I was excited to make it myself. I made it for dinner with a salad and grilled protein and my family loved it! Tommy said it made him think of a pizza, sort of like a pizza pie.
I modified their recipe slightly using pesto as the base, making this just a few ingredients!
I made this again for dinner last night, and my daughter Karina asked me to make this again and again! I wanted to share this with you as soon as possible because tomatoes are still at their peak and I know you’ll want to make this!
More Tomato Recipes You Will Love
- Tomato Salad
- Italian Caprese Salad
- Garden Tomato Sauce
- Grilled Steak with Tomatoes
- Chicken Cutlet Caprese Salad
Heirloom Tomato Galette6
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 prepared pie dough round, refrigerated kind like Pillsbury
- basil leaves for garnish
- Sumac, optional for garnish
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a shallow dish, gently toss tomatoes with 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, sugar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper; reserve.
- In a small bowl, combine shallots with remaining lemon juice, remaining olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt & pepper; reserve.
- Drain tomatoes and pat them dry.
- Place pie dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Leaving a 2-inch rim of dough, spread pesto evenly in the center; layer with tomatoes and shallots on top of the pesto. Fold the rim of dough into rustic pleats, covering some of the filling. Refrigerate, minimum 15 minutes to set.
- Preheat oven to 375°F; bake galette until crust is golden, 35-40 mins.
- Garnish with sumac & basil; slice into 8 and serve warm or at room temperature.