This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This Chicken with Bacon and Green Beans dish is made all in one skillet which you can whip up in less than 30 minutes – weeknight dinner win!
This quick and easy chicken dish is cooked in a white wine sauce with green beans and bacon, all in one skillet. You can modify this basic recipe using any veggies you like, but I think it’s a perfect way to cook up green beans!
This is such a simple dish, perfect for clean eating. You can easily modify this for a Paleo or Whole30 diet by leaving the wine out or replacing it with more chicken broth.
- Swap the chicken breasts for chicken tenderloins or turkey cutlets
- Exchange the green beans for asparagus
- Swap the bacon for turkey bacon
How to Make One Skillet Chicken
More Green Bean Recipes
One Skillet Chicken with Bacon and Green Beans
This quick and easy chicken dish is cooked in a white wine sauce with string beans and bacon, all in one skillet. You can modify this basic recipe using any veggies you like!
Yield: 4 Servings
Serving Size: 3 oz chicken, 1/2 cup green beans
- 4 strips center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into thin cutlets
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup crisp white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc (use broth for Whole30 or Paleo)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 ounces French green beans
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and sauté until brown and crisp. Remove bacon pieces with a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Discard the majority of the bacon grease, leaving a very thin coating in the pan.
- Season both sides of the chicken pieces with 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper and add to the skillet. Cook 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add the shallots to the now empty skillet and sauté 1 minute, scraping up brown bits. Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds more. Add the broth, wine and thyme and stir. Add the green beans, increase the heat to medium-high and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and the green beans are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken breasts and green beans to a serving platter. Season beans with 1/8 teaspoon salt and fresh pepper. Pour chicken juices into sauce with 1/8 teaspoon salt, stir and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Pour sauce over the chicken and green beans and top with chopped bacon.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 3 oz chicken, 1/2 cup green beans, Calories: 211 kcal, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 29 g, Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 75 mg, Sodium: 334 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 1 g
250 comments on “One Skillet Chicken with Bacon and Green Beans”
This was a little bland for me…i did increase the sauce ingredients per other reviews so not sure if that did it, but I also ended up with a TON of sauce and didn’t even double it so I’m not sure what I did differently than others.
Recipe says French Green Bean which I would take to mean French cut, but picture shows whole ones? Also, I agree with other comments about sauce. We doubled it.
My family loves this (plus, any “skinny” recipe with bacon is always a winner.
I didn’t have any liquid left once the green beans cookies, but I did take out the green beans once they were done and added about a cup of rice to mix with the dried up sauce and it made an amazing side!
Just made this tonight. Delicious. But it sure took me longer than 30 minutes. Will make again!