Don’t you just love a good biscotti in the morning with a cup of coffee? These Italian biscotti cookies are loaded with pistachios and cranberries, twice baked to form a crispy delicious cookie, perfect for dunking!
Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti
My husband always brings up the Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti I posted last year. I try not to make those too often because the two of us have no self-control when I bake them (so good!).
This year I played around with this cranberry-pistachio version which I adapted from last year’s recipe. I cut back on the butter a bit which created a stickier dough… a bit messy to work with so I sprinkling some flour on the dough and cookie tin or you can handle the dough with wet hands but the results where so darn good I wouldn’t change a thing next time!
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add pistachios, cranberries and mix.
- In a stand mixer, mix butter and sugar on medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined to make a dough.
- Remove the dough (if too sticky sprinkle flour over it and on work surface).
- Divide into three pieces and form into long flat logs about 11 inches long x 1-1/2 inches wide.
- Place on the lined baking sheets and bake 20-25 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, gently cut the loaves on the angle into 1/2 inch slices (a serrated bread knife works best).
- Return to the baking sheet fitting as many as you can on the baking sheet, you may need to do this in batches.
- Bake the biscotti for another 3-4 minutes on each side, less if you like it softer.